My Best Friend's Wedding


After 7 years of being together, my best friend, Mark Geyer and his girlfriend, Kelsey Bojan tied the knot on Septemebr 17th, 2011 at 4:00 p.m.  The day was filled with memories, fun, and getting ready in the silver, black, white, and fuschia colors.  I had the honor of being the Best Woman.  It was actually kind of nice being able to have V.I.P. access to everywhere.  Being able to sit and talk football  with the guys then entering the bridal chambers when the testosterone got to me.  Of course, it was probably good they had a girl back there to help with buttons, cuff links, and boutennaires.
The wedding was beautiful with candle light setting an ambiance.  It was great to see it all come together and have fun doing it.  This of course included Bachelor party in Vegas and Bachelorette party in Denver.  After the "I Do's" the gang was ready for the real fun.  We all headed to The Hilton Fort Collins for dinner, drinks, and dancing.
I enjoyed the company of my date, Chris Williamson, as well as alumni Corey Weitzel & his wife, Abby & her fiance, and Nicole, her kiddo, and boyfriend.  I finally got through my so-so speech, got my slow dance, and felt like I was back in Vegas with the boys.  We tore the dance floor up!

Mark and I have been friends for 16 years.  We met officially our freshmen year of high school and have not lost touch since.  We have laughed together, watched relationships come and go, made new friends and let others fade, cried together [well maybe listened to me cry], and he is the best friend a person can have. 
He is the kind of guy that makes light of even the toughest situations.  He is loyal and respectful.  He kicks you in the butt if you are unrealistic as well as being there no matter what time it is.  He always has been the brother I have never had and is the kind of guy any woman should want to marry.
 
Kelsey, Abby, Nicole, Stephanie, Jaime
I remember the first time Mark spoke of Kelsey.  They were working together at Winona Pool.  She was a lifeguard and he was a manager.  He hesitated in pursuing her as she was still attached [in a not great relationship] and younger than him.  Finally, it all worked out and they have been inseparable since.


I have the honor of acquiring a sister.  Kelsey and I have always gotten along and appreciated her being respectful of Mark & I's relationship.  She knew he was my brother and that was that.  The few months before the wedding, I got to know her better and closer as well as her family.  I am proud to be part of their family and look forward to all the new adventures in their lives.  hopefully that includes being Aunt Aly.

 Congratulations to my brother, my best friend, Mark Geyer and his new wife, Kelsey Geyer!!


Popular posts from this blog

2011 NPC JR NATIONALS: MissFits & Mayhem Give It Their All

Say A Little Prayer For Me

The Challenge: Melaleuca Sustain VS Gatorade G2 Low Calorie