Day 14: Thinking About My Purpose



"Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering."   Hebrews 13:1-3

Let's be frank!  Life is not always pleasant.  There are always trials and tribulations, sorrows and worries, fears and betrayals.  Someone will eventually disappoint or abandon us; but no matter how we feel, God is real!  He should be praised regardless of whether we win or lose.  He knows what is best for us and many times we will come to see it is not what we want or about getting our way.  It is His way we must learn to trust in.  So, how do you stay connected when you feel so disconnected and wandering aimlessly?

First, be able to tell God exactly how you feel-leave no detail or emotion unsaid.  It is important to reveal your belief in God with utter frankness, to speak knowing He is listening intently, and know that God will still love you no matter how you feel.  Second, praising Him whether you win or lose takes constant reminders of who God is.  Always remember, He is good and loving, all-powerful, notices every detail of your life, is in control, has a plan for each of us, and he will save us.  God always keeps His promises.  Regardless of circumstances, feelings, or what you think you ought to do or say; God is constantly maturing our faith.  This also means stepping away from us for a moment.  "When you feel abandoned by God yet continue to trust him in spite of your feelings, you worship him in the deepest way. " (The Purpose Driven Life, Warren pg.74)

The deepest faith takes effort.  This type of worship is going to cost something.  Each of us will have to sacrifice something in order to grow closer to God.  We are going to have to trust in Him even when we feel we are alone.  Even when we feel like something is wrong with us.  I know I have had to sacrifice friendships to listen to Him.  I have had to relearn trusts that were taken away from me at a very young age.  I know now that He has planted me where He wants me to grow.  I know the pains I have felt on this journey are part of my growth as a Catholic woman in a non-traditional society.  His challenges will only make me stronger in my faith and closer to His will.  The most uncomfortable times are when I fight what I want to do and follow His path [which is always the best option anyway].

So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” Hebrews 13:6

Popular posts from this blog

2011 NPC JR NATIONALS: MissFits & Mayhem Give It Their All

Say A Little Prayer For Me

The Challenge: Melaleuca Sustain VS Gatorade G2 Low Calorie