Day 11: Becoming Best Friends With God

"I trust in you; do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. "  Psalm 25:2

Friendships are an important part of all of our lives.  They should be the people who are in your lives without any strings attached.  They are not there just because they want something or other false motivations.  They harbor no jealousy,ill-will, manipulation, or bias.  They genuinely want to spend time with you and hear your joys, sorrows, fears, and excitements.  God is waiting for that friendship with us all.
He is waiting each and every day to hear our voice; not just when we are hurt or in pain.  He wants us to share all of ourselves with Him.  I find myself more and more talking with Him.  It is more than just bowing my head and kneeling.  I let Him know how thankful I am for the joyous moments and the many things He has given me.  I also ask questions regarding my pains, sorrows, and confusions.  I let Him know my true unabridged heart.  The more time I spend with Him the more I realize how great a friend He is.

"Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted.  Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish.  Look on my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins."  Psalm 25:16-18

Popular posts from this blog

2011 NPC JR NATIONALS: MissFits & Mayhem Give It Their All

Say A Little Prayer For Me

The Challenge: Melaleuca Sustain VS Gatorade G2 Low Calorie