Day Two: I Am Not An Accident

" Do not tremble, do not be afraid.  Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago?  You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me?  No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”   Isaiah 44:8

There is no coincidence in who are and what you look like.  Before our parents thought of us, we were already an idea.  God had already chosen the exact moment, parents, and how we all would be conceived.  It matters not if your parents planned, are still together, if it was a one night stand, or if they divorced.  God never makes an accident or is wrong in His choices.  He took into account our sin.
We are each born with an identity.  We all have qwerks and things that we or others might find displeasing.  I know there are bits and pieces of myself I find hard to accept.  I am loyal to a fault which tends to leave me hanging on for dear life.  I ask for very little in return of giving others the world which makes boundaries very hard to decypher if visible at all.  I am stubborn and become defiant.  I am a searcher and tend to become a scavenger of love.
The great part of all these qwerks is when the time is right and God wills me down a path, there are many relationships [friends and lovers] who will enjoy the stability I offer.  I will always be there rock through and through.  They will never have to taste being unloved or unwanted.  They will always be able to trust me and my words.  Most of all, love will find me.
So, next time you are hard on yourself for a personality, background, or physical appearance, remember those things are not accidents.  That each of the those traits was given to you for a purpose and find the positive in them all. 

"For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants."  Isaiah 44:3

Popular posts from this blog

2011 NPC JR NATIONALS: MissFits & Mayhem Give It Their All

Say A Little Prayer For Me

The Challenge: Melaleuca Sustain VS Gatorade G2 Low Calorie