Day 7: The Reason For Everything

“Who has ever given to God, that God should repay them?”  For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen."  Romans 11:35-36 

The greatest achievement is to live for God's glory.  We can do this by living for God and worshipping Him who gave us life.  It will most likely require sacrifices of ego and self-centered thinking.  It will change our schedules, relationships, goals, and how we handle situations.  We are have the choice to take the easy road of pleasure, comfort, and personal wants or can take a harder road by releasing our grip on ourselves-allowing God to live through us and in us.
I grew up in an Italian Catholic family where my father never practiced or pushed the religion on me.  We only went to Mass when we were required to.  My mother was more spiritual and naturalistic.  I, myself, became very doubtful and angry when my father died.  'What kind of God takes away a little girl's hero?'    I suppose there was not any one there to persuade me differently.  It took me a very long time to see the err of my thinking.  It was 4 years ago, I met someone who helped me to see the light and head down a better path.  He introduced me to God and became my sponsor while I went through confirmation and holy communion.
I am grateful that he opened my eyes to God's glory.  Of course, being human, I still struggle with ego and self-centered ideals; but each day gets easier.  I am blessed to know God's glory and worship in His name.  It has made my heart lighter, my spirit more free, and helped my doubts.  I can only hope that more people have friends, relatives, or situations that open their eyes to God's awe.  He is all around you if you take the time to listen and watch.  His love surrounds us.  Many believe love makes you blind, I believe it makes us see exactly what we were meant to see. . .eyes & heart wide open.

"Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off."  Romans 11:22

Popular posts from this blog

2011 NPC JR NATIONALS: MissFits & Mayhem Give It Their All

Say A Little Prayer For Me

The Challenge: Melaleuca Sustain VS Gatorade G2 Low Calorie