Say A Little Prayer For Me

It was a busy day for The Gym as it began well before sunrise.  Lana Hofman, Erica Cobb, and Jesse Lehmen head to Chicago, IL with their coach, Chris Williamson, and The Gym support team to compete at NPC Junior Nationals.  Upon sending them off, Erica met me with a gleam in her eye and a huge smile.  "I just want Saturday to get here.  I'm feeling really good."  It was refreshing to see how pumped she was.

What most people do not understand is this show is a qualifier for your Pro Card and by two weeks out; your body and mind are usually fighting themselves.  They ache, feel sick, mentally & physcially are drained, and sometimes fight to keep motivated.  It takes a lot for these competitors to compete let alone compete nationally.  I commend these athletes for their time commitment, their motivation even if they have a few doubts, and their willingness to be vulnerable in front of thousands of people.  They are some the strongest, most inspirational people . . . the ones you look at and say, "some day I want to be just like her/him."

So I will not wish you luck.  I will not tell you to 'break a leg'.  Those are things you do not need.  All you need is the confidence I have seen grow in the last few months.  The determination I saw this morning and a quick blessing.

Set Goals.  Be Determined.  Get Results.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011 NPC JR NATIONALS: MissFits & Mayhem Give It Their All

The Challenge: Melaleuca Sustain VS Gatorade G2 Low Calorie