Day 16: What Matters Most

"For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law."   Galatians 5:17-18

God is relational.  He is love therefore love should be our greatest ambition and top priority.  We should be able to give the time and attention to all our relationships with the utmost care.  Of course in this society, we have learned to stay busy, make a living, and overload ourselves while cutting back the part of our life that is worth living-love.  Learning to love unselfishly is definitely not an easy task.  What most people start to forget is there are only three things in this world that are forever: faith, hope, and love.  They get so caught up in the demands of today that they hardly stop to realize- Their job will change.  Their money will change.  Their surroundings will change.  The things they put their time and effort into are just things; more stuff to consume every inch of our being. 
Relationships take time and effort.  There is no true loving relationship without time.  It is not about providing or thinking or doing.  It is about how much of ourselves we give to others.  It is about focusing your attention and making sacrifices.  Setting time for another tells that person you value them and they are worth your most precious asset-time.  It is about giving-up those things that keep you from them.  The truth is we do not know how long we have on this earth and the best time to love is now. 
I was blessed with the ability to give all of myself in love.  I have always been able to give my time to those who I love the most in life.  Of course, I have only had a few who have been able to give it in return.  Many of the people who have come and gone in my life have been so caught up in the moment of life, they forget about both love and time.  I have been called names for being so generous.  I have been told to be more selfish.  I have lost friends for being unconditional.  All the while I know it is who I am and know that God built me this way.  I am reliable in my love and my time, because I know just how precious it is.  It is the one thing I can always give and will never fail.  I can only pray God is preparing someone with the same undeniable love to share with me.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness," Galatians 5:22

Popular posts from this blog

2011 NPC JR NATIONALS: MissFits & Mayhem Give It Their All

Say A Little Prayer For Me

The Challenge: Melaleuca Sustain VS Gatorade G2 Low Calorie