Gratitude & Owning Our Power


Today, I will be grateful.  I will start the process of turning today's pain into tomorrow's joy.  I will also take responsibility for myself and show it to others by not allowing myself to be victimized.  I cannot control outcomes but I can control my attitude toward being victimized.  I am not a victim;  I do not deserve to be victimized.

Boy does the world move fast and just as quickly as the day came so do problems, trials, and tribulations.  The key is gratitude!  Allowing gratitude to fill our lives helps us to stop trying to control outcomes and allow even the most horrific to be a blessing.  It also allows us to own our own power in the situation.  Delivering us from victimization and allowing to be victimized!

That helpless, frustrated, full of rage feeling we get when things don't go our way or when someone over steps their boundaries or ours.  The fact is we have no control over the choices other people make [no matter how much we want to or think we do].  We only have control of our choices and how we handle our attitude.  Sure people do not always do the right thing [heck, all of us find ourselves making mistakes and bad choices]; but the important thing is to be responsible for ourselves.  We are not victims!!!  Each of us is responsible for our behavior, the consequences that may arise from it, and removing ourselves [if needed] from those that continue to victimize us.

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.  1 Thessalonians 5:18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011 NPC JR NATIONALS: MissFits & Mayhem Give It Their All

Say A Little Prayer For Me

The Challenge: Melaleuca Sustain VS Gatorade G2 Low Calorie