Honesty & Responsibility To Self


"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free"  JOHN 8:32

Honesty is a characteristic that is slowly dying in this day and age.  So many of us in the fast lane thinking we can leave our wrongs curbside and speed into the distance with no consequence.  Many of us constantly [not only lying to ourselves] but to others to avoid dealing with the pains.  Usually the pains we ourselves have caused.  We form a constant boundary of victimization and masks hoping it will disappear as soon as we are on to the next thing and/or person.

Being able to talk openly and honestly to others about ourselves reflects self-responsibility.  It takes away the power of those wrongs, helps to release the pain, and allows us an indescribable freedom.  It allows us to stop playing the victim of our own circumstance and feeling sorry for ourselves.  It is a leap to becoming healthy and happy.  The more clear and specific we are with others, ourselves, and God, the sooner we are released from our cage.

"For “Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit; let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”  1 Peter 3:10-12

Today, I will remember it is okay to talk about the issues that bother me.  It is by sharing my issues that I will grow beyond them.  I will overcome fear as I face myself and my wrongs.  I will take responsibility for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011 NPC JR NATIONALS: MissFits & Mayhem Give It Their All

Say A Little Prayer For Me

The Challenge: Melaleuca Sustain VS Gatorade G2 Low Calorie