Efficient + Fit

By now, the gyms have let up with the influx of  'new year, new you' patrons.  Which gives way to the regulars and the determined gym goer.  So why the two week to a month rise in traffic?  Well the simple answer is New Year's Resolutions.  And why does is typically taper off at the 2-4 week mark?  That answer is assumably more complex.

I have observed this trend for over a decade.  A slew of pumped people with resolutions to get fit.  Many of which resolutions are ill planned and unobtainable within a 2-4 week stent.  Looking for quick results even if they have never been to a gym a day in their life.  Setting unreal goals with unreal timelines!

Fitness journeys take time and preparation!  To win your journey here are some tips:

Prepare to prepare!

Find ways to cut down the tedious fitness tasks to give you more time in the gym to work.

I love these compartment shaker bottles.  I have 3-4 of the compartments and prefill them so I can grab and go.  They easily attach to your shaker bottle so you don't forget them.


I make sure I write down what my exercises are going to be for the next couple days in my fitness journal.  This way I am not trying to figure out what I am going to do or what equipment I might need.  It keeps me focused and on track!


Hire a trainer, coach, and/or dietician.  If you are comfortable with the gym and just not sure how to rotate muscle groups or which exercises to do, have a trainer or coach create a plan for you.  This also goes for food.  I do not mind preparing and weighting my food.  Time is really against me here, so I always have custom meals on hand from Icon Meals just in case I do not get to meal prep.  They have custom meals as well as a menu of premade meals.  I love any of their brisket options when not in competition mode.  

Make sure the person you hire is also well versed in supplements and can add in which vitamins/minerals/supplements you should be taking and when.  My go to for most of my supplements in Nutrex (code GETOVERFIT for 20% entire order -10% off protein).  I also use Omegalyze by Species, Hemapro by ALR, and Magnesium support from Calm.

My coach with Team Atlas creates a full plan for me (meals, exercises, supplements) and also offers lifestyle plans for those who are not looking to complete.  With the right team behind you and guiding you, you are unstoppable!

Start Small!

There is NO easy button!  Start with small goals within a big goal.  If your goal is to lose 35 pounds, then break that down into smaller wins like 5 pound increments.  Find little wins along the way, give yourself some grace, and push through the challenges.  I would also say DO NOT RUSH and be more flexible with your timeline.  Losing weight, building muscle, and finding that healthy place takes time and requires a very flexible timeline-give yourself months NOT weeks.

Finding ways to be more efficient with your gym time will be beneficial to you staying on track passed the New Year's Resolution influx.  It will help you have more time in the gym to work, give you a support system and team for accountability, and knowledge to get you through the challenges that may arise.  Now, let's get to work!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011 NPC JR NATIONALS: MissFits & Mayhem Give It Their All

Say A Little Prayer For Me

The Challenge: Melaleuca Sustain VS Gatorade G2 Low Calorie