Keep Competition Flawless

Competition

Competition by tophercouture 

A few beauty key pieces that help me get stage ready.

1.  Tan Touch-up Kit:  I always suggest bringing touch-up.  Things can happen and sometimes the rushed nature the shows; you won't have time to wait in the host tanners line.  I bring the DIY Pro Tan Kit complete with buffing pads.  I've had issues pop up with no time to stand in the touch-up line.  This is great in those instances and allows for a flawless color come stage time.  I also use the Get Buffed regardless of whether I'm getting ready for a show or not.  Keeps my skin soft and on point year round.

2.  Make-up must haves:  Just because you have a make-up artist for a show, does not mean you should leave your make-up bag at home.  It is unlikely you will have time to go back and forth to the MUA for touch-ups, so be sure to have these key pieces-
  • lip gloss and matching liner- I don't know about you, but come stage time somehow I lick every inch of my color off in 2.5 seconds.  Even when I am back stage, I take with me my color, and compact mirror.  I use NYX lip butter in toasted marshmallow & Currant
  • banana powder- Stage lights are bright and hot.  Control the shine and stay matte1  I use la femme.  
I also carry with me a custom Morphe Palette tailored to my skin, mascara, lash glue, and a small pack of tissues.  That way I am prepared no matter what the day brings.
 
3.  Suits:  With more people getting into suit making, it is a good idea to ask questions before you purchase.  Not all suit cuts are made for all body types.  Not all colors are made for every skin tone.  Work with your designer and coaches to really pin point what works best for you.  I always suggest starting our simple and as you become more involved; add to that existing suit.  This will ensure consistency and help keep the budget at bay.  For more about my company you can find us here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011 NPC JR NATIONALS: MissFits & Mayhem Give It Their All

Say A Little Prayer For Me

The Challenge: Melaleuca Sustain VS Gatorade G2 Low Calorie