Finding Neverland

The story of Peter Pan is not far off from where most adults end up.  The once lost boys'/girls' eventually find themselves leaving their favorite past-time and fading into a world of busyness-into piracy.  They then can get so caught up, they swindle, pilage, and burn some of the most important parts of their human souls.  Love, faith, God, and hope are drowned in a sea of money, work, temptations, and societal norms.  I know there are times I look in the mirror and see a pirate.  The only thing that keeps me from completely transforming is remembering those times when I most free and listening to God.  When there were no responsibilities and I could let my imagination run wild.
Growing up in a small cow town most of my life left little room for my father to worry.  Every one knew every one and there was little temptation to get even the most disobedient child into much trouble.  I spent most of my summer days climbing trees, riding bikes, playing mud baseball, and gathering the neighbor kids for a game of freeze tag.  During these times, we were not held down by gravity.  The air was light no matter how much of Greeley's stench tried to burrow its smell in our noses.  We could be anything from Indiana Jones looking for treasure to superheroes saving the world.  This was the time I remember being the most soulful.  I was to in tune with myself.

I remember feeling so free.  I remember playing with the June bugs and stirring up their hissing.  I remember how fresh the garden tasted and the lilac trees perfume.  I remember acquiring a new scratch, bruise, or bump each day as a sort of earned medal.  It said, "today was a great adventure."  So, where does all that stamina fade too?  It is too exhilarating to lose, so where have most of us tucked our adventures away at?  I know I put mine on the back burner.  I try not to lose sight of what makes me feel most like me.  I spend my days working in an office as well as my side business.  I spend a lot of time staying fit, eatting healthy, and modeling it in multiple medias.  I spend time helping-a friend, a family member, a lover.  It seems it is hard to fit in those pieces which make the most sense.

All-in-all, it is important not to forget the parts of you that are you.  Sure, we all have responsibilities.  We have jobs, homes, cars, family, significant others, and friends to attend too.  Stop even just for 5 seconds to listen to God.  Try not to let yourself become a pirate and forget why you are here.  Reflect on those memories that are wild inside you waiting for you to tap into their senses.  Remember the tastes, smells, feelings, and scenes-embrace how it makes you feel and continue to let that energy encourage more an more time in your special place.  Soon enough, time will allow itself to where you can physically be where you are most you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2011 NPC JR NATIONALS: MissFits & Mayhem Give It Their All

Say A Little Prayer For Me

The Challenge: Melaleuca Sustain VS Gatorade G2 Low Calorie